Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is composed of distinguished individuals from various backgrounds who offer leadership and governance for the Chippewa Valley Free Clinic. Board members help establish and maintain first-rate standards so the Clinic continues to deliver high quality, compassionate, and patient-centered health care. Board responsibilities include setting policy and forming relationships with business partners.
We thank all Board members for generously sharing their expertise and commitment. You make a difference in people’s lives!
The Board of Directors
Sue Peiffer, President
Sacred Heart Hospital
Steve Weiss M.D., Vice President
Mayo Clinic Health System
Mark Boser – Treasurer
Orgel Wealth Management
Kristin Wogahn, M.D., Secretary
Eau Claire Medical Clinic
Lori Whitis, M.D., Medical Director — CVFC
Maribeth Woodford, Executive Director — CVFC
Alicia Arnold, MD
MD Interpretation LLC
OakLeaf Surgical Hospital
ROI Technology Consulting
American Business Financial Inc.
Robin Kranig, R.N.
Jose Ortiz, M.D.
Mayo Clinic Health System
Remax Real Estate
Lisa Schiller, PhD, APNP
UWEC, College of Nursing & Health Sciences
Hon. Michael Schumacher
Eau Claire County, Circuit Court Judge
Denise Wirth, RN
Eau Claire City-County Health Department
Chippewa Valley Free Clinic — Committees
Several standing, ad hoc, and other committees exist in the Chippewa Valley Free Clinic organizational structure. Committee membership consists primarily of directors from the Board and Clinic staff.
Please select a tab below.
- Executive Committee: Assesses the need for new practices & policies; Evaluates the governance of the organization & recommends improvements
- Nominating Committee: Leads the search & elections of new Board members, maintaining Board leadership and integrity
- Personnel Committee: Responsible for personnel decisions related to the Executive Director and other professional staff
- Finance Committee: Provides leadership for financial decisions (e.g., assists in developing annual budget and makes financial recommendations to the full Board)
- Patient Care Committee: Sets standards for patient care; Determines formulary; Brings best practices to the CVFC
- Public Relations Committee: Develops a public relations annual plan; Ensures all media channels represent and promote the Clinic at the highest level
- Special Events and Raffle Committee: Determines special events for annual fundraising plan; most Board members serve on this committee
- Business Partners Committee: Establishes and maintains relationships with business partners in the community to secure financial support for the CVFC
- Volunteer Committee: Supports the CVFC as a volunteer organization; Determines need, leads volunteer recruitment, & strategizes long term plans
- Discovery and Development Committee: Determines the Clinic’s direction as affected by (a) the Affordable Care Act, (b) gaps in health care services, and (c) changes in community health care needs