Director of Clinic Operations
The Director of Clinic Operations (CO) oversees medical operations of the Chippewa Valley Free Clinic. The Director of Clinic Operations reports directly to and works closely with the Executive Director.
A special emphasis of the position is on the development, stability and quality of patient care provided. The CO will also work closely with the Clinic’s Medical Director and in partnership with the Director of Clinical Services.
Strong organizational, technological proficiency, communication, and leadership skills are required. The CO must be self-directed and be able to multi-task because of the variance in job duties. The CO should have strong interpersonal skills to help deal with conflict resolution, volunteer training and staff management. This is a .50 (average 18-22 hours), salaried position; and regular hours outside of patient clinics will be expected.
- In coordination with the Medical Director, establish “best practice” policies and identify outcome goals for Clinic services
- Develop and monitor standards of recording to support clinic’s work, and provide training to volunteers and staff to assure compliance with standards and correct incomplete/faulty data as necessary
- Provide oversight for the Dispensary and Case Management
- In the absence of the Clinical Director during clinic hours, supervises delivery of health care by volunteers
- Develop annual clinical budget based on services provided and anticipated annual income indicators. Monitors and controls costs to maintain expenditures within allocations.
- In coordination with ED and MD, analyze trends, gaps, surveys, and clinical activities to aid in planning, costing, risk management, utilization, improvement, and identification of new clinic services
- Must have working knowledge of EMR medical technology which includes but not restricted to: accurate patient data capture and reporting functions
- Maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with clinic staff, volunteers, and patients
- Enforce rules and policies; oversee the clinic staffs’ compliance to policies
- Provide oversight of the Healthier You program
- Maintain integrity of medical records, dictations, and patient data base, includes maintaining and tracking clinical outcome measurements
- Replace failing and outdated equipment and maintain adequate amounts of healthcare supplies
- Assure that confidentiality is maintained throughout the organization
- Participate as a member of management in hiring of employees and conducting employee reviews when applicable
- Provide written documentation of clinic procedures as needed
- Foster and maintain relationships with the various community health agencies and other free clinic directors
- Participate as a member of the strategic planning committee, with a concentration on the annual medical clinic plan
- Collaborate with CVFC staff/volunteers to assure quality outcomes
- Research and provide data for grants benefiting clinic operations. Responsible for program/services data and narrative for grant final report.
- Generate monthly board reports on clinical operations
- Current Wisconsin license to practice as a registered nurse
- Education: BSN degree or 5 years of progressive clinic operations experience required
- Clinical management experience, 3-5 years, preferably in a community-based setting
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to facilitate interdisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated proficiency in medical information technology
- Patient education experience desirable
- Proficiency in EMR software management and reporting experience required
- Some experience and strong knowledge of general medications
- CPR certification
Please submit resumes to Maribeth Woodford, Executive Director at email@example.com.