The Chippewa Valley Free Clinic’s mission is to provide quality health care to and advocacy for individuals of the Chippewa Valley area who have no reasonable health care alternative.
Director of Clinical Services
The Director of Clinical Services provides high-level clinic leadership and support for all clinic staff and volunteers. S/he is responsible for assuring the delivery of quality, efficient and compassionate clinic services. S/he interfaces with key internal and external contacts and requires considerable discretion and initiative. S/he provides leadership for clinic personnel as well as planning, development, implementation and evaluation of related services. S/he has excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and maintains the highest standards of professional excellence in the implementation of policies and procedures. Under the supervision of the Executive Director and Medical Director (volunteer position), s/he will devote a portion of their time providing primary and chronic illness care to Clinic patients.
Status: Exempt (Monday through Thursday with fluctuation of some hours, approximately 25-30 hours per week average) Some evening hours, primarily on Tuesdays
Salary based on experience
• Performs comprehensive clinic planning to identify, assess, implement and evaluate operations that are consistent in meeting standards of excellence in outpatient medical care.
• In conjunction with Medical Director, leads fulfillment of medical policies and procedures, goals and objectives
• Oversees all medical clinics and assists with patient care as needed
• Oversees the integrity and accuracy of medical records
• In conjunction with the Operations Director, ensures that statistical data is maintained accurately, and in a timely manner
• With the Volunteer Coordinator, maintains adequate volunteer base to cover staffing needs and participates in volunteer orientation and training
• Coordinates follow up patient care and help with referrals as needed.
• Networks with other providers to arrange for services not offered by the Chippewa Valley Free Clinic
• Provides primary and chronic illness care to patients within the scope of licensure
• Participates in meetings of staff and volunteers
• Provides oversight for responsibilities in lab, dispensary, medical inventory maintenance
• Supervises dispensary manager and clinic medical volunteers
• Provides medical service reports for various written materials (i.e. grants, annual reports) and to the board of directors.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in clinical setting
• Current licensure as Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner or similar in the state of Wisconsin
• Minimum 3 years of management experience
• Strong interpersonal skills, analytical thinking and ability to effectively lead staff/volunteers
• Excellent knowledge of health care office practices, procedures and standards
• Ability to take initiative for new responsibilities and projects
• Ability to exercise considerable tact and judgment when working with sensitive and confidential information
• Excellent time management and delegation skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and handle difficult situations in a calm manner
• Proficient in use of electronic medical records along with the basics of Microsoft office.
• Executive Director
Email Resume to Maribeth@cvfreeclinic.org